This free resource is filled with great nuggets of information and advice. A few of our favorites include:
- It's OK to come late to this party. Research shows that 53% of marketers just started using social media in the past 2 years.
- It is important to set the right social tone. "Carrying yourself like a normal person will build your relationship with customers better than going hashtag crazy or tweeting every hour on the hour, " advises Prestige.
- Mobile devices are influencing purchase decisions both online and offline. Now is the time to add mobile component to your marketing strategy, even if it is just making sure you are meeting the minimum requirements of mobile users (e.g. Does your site load in less than 5 seconds on a mobile device? Are your buttons and link text large enough so users don't have to zoom in?).
- With 73% of people preferring to get their information from articles rather than ads, content marketing is key for success with social media. It is essential to building trust and establishing credibility.
- Be patient. It takes time for social to start firing on a lll cylinders. Stick with your strategy and build momentum slowly. Social will pay off in the long run.
For more excellent insight and tips, download your free copy of "Top 10 Social Media Truths for 2014" today!